Contact us and Help
Elsewhere in Québec:
1 800 561-9749
Opening hours (except on legal holidays)
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday:
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Before scheduling an appointment
Scheduling an appointment
Confirmations and reminders
Updating contact information or cancelling an appointment
I don’t have a family doctor. Can I still use the service?
Yes. When you schedule an appointment, select “Schedule an appointment at a clinic close to me.” This way, you will be able to find a clinic based on the postal code and distance range (perimeter) search that you have entered.
To access a family doctor who accepts new patients, register with the Québec Family Doctor Finder.
What should I do if my clinic does not offer the Québec Medical Appointment Scheduler?
Contact your clinic directly to schedule an appointment if it is not a participating clinics. You can also schedule an appointment with another clinic, instead of the one where your doctor practises.
Tell your clinic that you would like to use this service.
Will I still be able to call my clinic to schedule an appointment?
Yes. The Québec Medical Appointment Scheduler is an additional means at your disposal to schedule an appointment for family medicine. Scheduling by phone is always possible depending on your clinic’s terms and conditions. In any case, you will have to contact your clinic if you wish to:
- cancel an appointment with less than 24 hours’ notice
- schedule several consecutive appointments for members of your family
- check the date and time of your appointment if you are unable to do so with your reference number and if you did not ask for email or text message (SMS) confirmation.
Can I change the date or time of my appointment?
No. If the date and time of your appointment are no longer suitable, you must:
- cancel your appointment* and then schedule a new one
- contact your clinic
* Québec Medical Appointment Scheduler does not allow users to cancel an appointment with less than 24 hours’ notice. In such case, you must contact your clinic directly.
Are online appointments for family medicine only?
Yes. The online scheduling service provides appointments only with family doctors, nurse practitioners specializing in first-line care and family medicine residents. To schedule an appointment with a medical specialist, first see your assigned health professional or contact a health facility.
Can I schedule an appointment with a health professional other than a family doctor?
No. You must contact your clinic or other health facilities to schedule an appointment with any other health professional (specialized nurse practitioner, resident, medical specialist, etc.).
If I change my phone number or email address, what should I do?
For an appointment already scheduled (if a change has occurred since)
You must update your contact information for each appointment already scheduled. This way, you will receive your automated messages, and the clinic will be able to contact you, as needed.
To schedule a new appointment
You must enter your new contact information when you schedule a new appointment.
In any case, you will have to provide your new contact information to your clinic at the time of your next visit in so that it can update your file.
What is the reference number and what is it for?
A reference number is allotted to confirm an appointment scheduled with the Québec Medical Appointment Scheduler. It serves to update your contact information or cancel an appointment.
This number is not required when you attend your appointment.
When I did a search, why was there no clinic found within the distance range of my postal code?
Two possible reasons why:
- The clinics within the range of the postal code you entered have no availability. If this is the case, you can widen the distance range
- Certain postal codes are not recognized, for example, those allotted to new residential developments. When you do a search for a future appointment, try entering the postal code again as it might have since been entered in the system.
In any case, you can contact your clinic directly to schedule an appointment.
Why must I check the availability of my assigned health professional and health professionals of my family medicine group when I wish to schedule an appointment at a clinic close to me?
If you have a family doctor, you have priority access to his/her available time slots or the time slots of the health professional to whom he/she has delegated your medical file (medical resident or specialized nurse practitioner). This way, you will have better medical follow-up. If the available time slots are not convenient for you, the Québec Medical Appointment Scheduler will give precedence to a visit with another health professional practising in the same clinic or in another clinic of the same family medicine group. If no time slot is suitable for you, you can schedule an appointment in another clinic within the range of the postal code you enter.
At any time, you can contact your clinic to schedule an appointment.
Why isn’t the name of my family doctor displayed when I want to schedule an appointment with him/her?
There are 3 possibilities:
- Your family doctor has not signed up for the Québec Medical Appointment Scheduler and therefore does not offer this service to patients. If this is the case, you have to contact your clinic to schedule an appointment or schedule one in a clinic close by.
- Your family doctor has delegated your medical file to another health professional (medical resident or specialized nurse practitioner). This is your assigned health professional with whom you have to schedule appointments.
- When you are newly registered with a family doctor or you have changed family doctors, the new doctor has up to 90 days to register you as a patient and notify the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec. During this time, contact your clinic if you wish to schedule an appointment.