The Québec Medical Appointment Scheduler, via the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec, is subject to the Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information. Furthermore, the Health Insurance Act imposes more restrictive rules regarding confidentiality. Accordingly, our online services function with tested technology, ensuring data security and the protection of personal information.
The Régie has implemented a security infrastructure to protect its information assets. Technological choices were made, such as using the SSL security protocol, to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of data exchanges. This protocol renders illegible any information transmitted.
Since the information exchanged between the Régie’s equipment and your device may contain personal information, you commit to protect this information by taking, at your level, the appropriate security measures. Protecting one’s information consists not only in not disclosing it to non-authorized persons, but in not exposing it to any risks.
Even if the Québec Medical Appointment Scheduler uses cutting-edge technology to protect information, it cannot be liable in your place for assuming your responsibilities. In this regard, we offer the following advice:
We recommend that you install a firewall on your device. This way, you will be protected against anyone who, without your knowledge, would try to take control remotely of your device and access confidential information.
We suggest that you install antivirus software on your device to protect yourself against the numerous viruses roaming the Internet. Antivirus protection also means that you must install the updates regularly provided by the supplier.
Some more advice
- Never open emails of a dubious origin.
- Install the security patches provided by manufacturers.
- Never leave your device unattended. Install a standby screen (screen saver) with a password to protect your device while you are away.
- Delete the information in your device cache at the end of each session. For further information on this topic, please refer to the help section of your web browser.
- Configure your browser so that is compatible with the 128-bit SSL security protocol, thereby ensuring the confidentiality of the personal information you transmit.
Information for citizens
To be able to schedule an appointment online, you must fill out all the fields on the identification page. If you don’t supply this information, you will not be able to access the service. Moreover, if the information that you supply does not match the information held by the Régie, you will be prevented from accessing the online service.
At the end of each session, to prevent intrusions in the pages that you are consulting or any fraudulent use of your identity:
- log out at the end of the session by clicking on the “Return to identification” page button
- empty your browser’s cache memory
- close all windows of your browser
Under no circumstances, will the Régie ever use emails, text messages or phone calls to ask for your health insurance number or any other personal information. However, appointment confirmations and reminders sent by text messaging or email contain a link redirecting you to the identification page of the Québec Medical Appointment Scheduler. Before entering any personal information, always make sure that you are on the website of the Québec Medical Appointment Scheduler.